A Patient Participation Group was set up in January 2012. The Group meets every other month in Kingsland. A wide range of issues affecting general practice nationally and locally are discussed. Members of the Group regularly produce updates for local parish magazines, advise the practice on new services etc and help to produce the annual survey.
The PPG have helped make many changes to the services we offer either as a result of comments patients have made to them or from the annual surveys. These include:
- telephone ordering from the dispensaries – now available whenever we are open
- re-siting of doorbells for disabled access in Kingsland
- generic email address for the practice (email@example.com)
- introduction of credit and debit card payments
- rephrasing questions on payments for prescriptions
- introduction of online appointments and access to results
- introduction of information screens
Younger members of the PPG were also instrumental in publicising an on-line petition against the closure of the 4US clinics in herefordshire schools. Unfortunately this service has now been withdrawn again.
The PPG were also involved in trialing a questionnaire on the work of student doctors for Keele University and showed people around the new Leintwardine Surgery on open days before it opened.
If you would like to be involved in the Group or wish to see who is currently a member of the Group please see the file below.