Sick certificates

You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness.

If you are unwell for some time we may refer you to the Fit for Work service.  This is a new servicve designed to help working people who face long-term sickness absence return to work more quickly.

Fit for work website